Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create a link to new page in the same tab

Hello everyone,

I am new in QlikView, and i am trying to create a Help page to display a guideline to the user.

The idea is create a link "Help" and when user click on it, Qlikview will load a new page with the content information in the same tab that user is navigating.

I appreciate if someone can help me with this.

Regards,

Rodrigo

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

what about taking the approach where the Help is another object on the tab.  Add a 'Help" button and when it is slected, set a variable such as vShowHelp.  Each Help object that you have will then have a conditional show - VShowHelp=<value you in Help button>

kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

Create button or text object Show Help and simply assign the action to activate another sheet containing "Help" tutorial:

sc1.PNG

You will recall the sheet you want to activate by typing its ID:

sc1.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kuczynska,

Thanks for yout tip... I would like to display the "Help" tutorial in the same sheet, and not in a new one.

Do you know how can i do that?

Regards,

Rodrigo

chaper
Creator III
Creator III

You can try by show/hide HELP objects within same tab using variable like vHelp=1or 0..Show the HELP objects when vHelp =1 or hide when vhelp=0.Create a HELP button/text object and add action by set variable(vHelp) to 1/0 (Show/Hide) and add Conditional statement  in all HELP Objects.

kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

See attached QVW - as advised before you will have to create variable and assign a value to it. You will have to display some of the objects conditionally - check Properties for objects you see and simply apply something similar in your application.

Don't forget to change the Layer settings for some of your "Help" objects to Top as you want them to be always displayed on the top:

sc1.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi.

May be like this?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks all for the tips... It helped me to do what i need.

Regards,

Rodrigo