Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaikbakshu
Contributor
Contributor

How to create a single .qvd file from .qvw (Data model) with using binary load and pass the parameters

Hi All,

I am new to Qlikview , I have a requirement to create complete Qlikview data model into one single .QVD file.

For example,

I have one "sample.qvw" file in this file we have data model like Star schema or snow flake schema,

I will create one more "Sample2.qvw" file , in this Sample2.qvw file I was imported to "Sample.qvw" file by using Binary Load.

I am facing an error, when I pass the variables to Binary load for access sample.qvw file into sample2.qvw then it is not created single qvd file

PFB,

Binary [$(vQVWDir)\$(vQVWfile).qvw];

from the above vQVWDir means .QVW files directory and vQVWfile means .QVW file name.

Could you any one please help me to create Data model to one single .qvd file by using variable for dynamic selections

Regards,

Bakshu

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

A qvd is designed to keep a table and not a datamodel. There are not many use-cases where it might be sensible to ignore this fact especially not as a "standard" approach or by quite complex datamodels or large datasets. But of course you could do it: Storing a Data Model in a Single QVD | Qlikview Cookbook.

- Marcus

shaikbakshu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your response ,

I was use script/.qvc file from the exclude options in my script to create data model into one single .qvd.

When i was run that script then create single qvd file based on that script.

Now i am facing issues is when i was use Binary load with variables then single .qvd file was not created,

but sample.qvw file was reloaded.

Bellow is my Bat file for run QVW file.

@echo off

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "/vQVWDir=%~1" "/vQVWfile=%~2"   "%~1\%~2.qvw"

can you please suggest me to how to resolve it.

Regards,

Bakshu.

marcus_sommer

I'm not absolutely sure but I think it couldn't work in this way because a binary load must be the very first statement within a load and your assigning of values to variables will probably happens before the load-statement is executed and therefore the binary load failed.

- Marcus

sujan24s
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

May be this will Help you

BINARY load with dynamic file name