Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
konidena
Creator
Creator

How to create a trigger on Clear All button in the navigation tool bar

Hi Team,

I am facing a issue in my application.

I have 4 charts in one of the sheets in application.

When Activating that sheet, i have added a trigger for the field Reportmonth as Month(today()).

Also, i have a text box in the home page. I have added a trigger to this too as Reportmonth =Month(today()). when user clicks on this text box, he will be reaching the sheet which has 4 chats.

when i reached the sheet which is having 4 charts, the report month is initially having the current month as expected.

Note: I have a field called "Time measure"  with the values "MAT", "QTD", "YTD". when user selecting any other fields values and coming back to the selection MAT by clicking on Clear all, the report month selection is also cleared.

Can anyone help me like, is there any possibility to retain the report month value as the current month even user changes selection in the other fields or clicks on clear all button.

Your reply will be very helpful to me in a great extent.

Regards

Srinivas

14 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Add another Action to your MAT to select the reportmonth

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Add another action in the Clear All Button. Like Capture.PNG

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Correct

Vineeth Pujari
konidena
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply.

You didn't understand my question.

I have already added to the trigger to the field "Time measure" field. MAT is the value in that field.

Now, I am clicking on the Clear All button in the navigation tool bar.

I don't have any application specific button created in my application.

Regards

Srinivas

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Would you mind sharing a sample app if possible ?

konidena
Creator
Creator
Author

It is in client vpn.

not possible to bring it here.  thanks you very much for your help.

is there any other ways to make it work.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

OK!

instead of using the ClearAll Button add a button with custom triggers, there is not work around for this.

Vineeth Pujari
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I cant think of anything apart from Setting Always one selected value on your ReportMonth Listbox. This way even if you clear all that selected value will be in selection mode. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

How about your buttons / triggers setting a variable that can be used in Set analysis in your chart expressions.  Thus when the variable forces the expression to evaluate for your report month it will override any selections made or cleared for month.