Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create new columns based on other columns

Hi,

I'm new in development with tool QlikView, my question can be simple, sorry by this.

My difficulty is, how create new columns based in another's columns of others five tables (The first table is a script from database and others four by spreadsheets by Excel)?

Example: To compose this new column "Description_Supplier", I have join this two columns from different tables: table1.supplier_code + table2.supplier_description.

How do this? Help me, please.

Thanks and regards,

Jean Carvalho Silva

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

based on the nature of your question, you need a very basic QlikView education. If you don't have access to Qlik training, you can find a lot of free training tutorials on-line, and you can also learn from several books. There are quite a few good QlikView books on the market, and one of them is my new book QlikView Your Business.

It's hard to answer your question with enough details in a single post. In a nutshell, you need to bring data from multiple tables into one, before you can use it in calculating a new field. You can achieve it either by using JOIN LOAD, or using MAPPING and mapping tables. Look up white papers and documents on these two concepts, and then you will be able to build the new field.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

swuehl
MVP
MVP