gidon500
Creator II
Creator II

How to create new documents on qlikview server

Hi guys

we have used until now licesed qlikview desktop works great for years '

now we are moving to server based qlikview

How do we edit current documents  and how we craete new documents

do we need to install personal edition of the qlikview on the server as well  ?

thanks

gidon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

That's upon your solution specification and/or constraints. So, If you are accessing and using citrix with same server that answer from myside is YES.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

That means, The environment got uninstalled. If you really need document edit off course, You need to install Software for Qlikview.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You create and edit your qvw with your desktop and publish (copy and paste) them to the Server

gidon500
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I need to install qlikview  peronal

on the server and my PC

thanks for your help

gidon

gidon500
Creator II
Creator II
Author

great

i need also the sofware installed on the server for the reload ?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you have multiple nodes and/or clusters then definitely you need to install with in the cluster itself. Do you have license copy to open the document or you are going to use Lease from server?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

For reload, not.

There´s a special program called qvb.exe that handles scheduled reloads configured into QMC

gidon500
Creator II
Creator II
Author

our qlikserver is standalone server with all services  in one server

i do have  license copy of qlikview

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Are you just accessing and edit some reports from that workfile? If so, I would prefer to install in the same server.