cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create reference

Hi all,

I am very new to Qlikview.

I need expert help for report I am developing.

I have a report requirement where i need a reference to select and based on reference my bar chart should show the result.

I need selection in reference as : Budget/ Target

If i select Budget reference,my bar chart should display as Acutal,Budget and Forecast against Month (x-axis) and Amount (y-axis)

If i select Target reference, my bar chart should display as Actual Target and Forecast against Month (x-axis) and Amount (y-axis)

Can anyone help me to achieve this.

Regards

Prasoon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can for example use an expression group in your chart to toggle between Budget and Target (create the two expressions, then group the expressions on expressiont tab).

Or use  conditional expressions, like shown in the What's New in QV11 sample QVW for the ad-hoc reporting sample table.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can for example use an expression group in your chart to toggle between Budget and Target (create the two expressions, then group the expressions on expressiont tab).

Or use  conditional expressions, like shown in the What's New in QV11 sample QVW for the ad-hoc reporting sample table.

muthukumar77
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Refer this app,

Muthukumar Pandiyan
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, it really worked. I want few more Customization:

1. I want to make a button as name "Reference" instead of

Button.PNGSymbol. When I click Reference, it should give me option like Budget/Target.

2. I want to filter this report only for yearMonth >='201601' onwards.

Please help me to achieve it.

Capture.PNG

swuehl
MVP
MVP

1. If you click on the small arrow, a drop down should allow you directly select from the expressions available in the expression group

Alternatively, use conditional expressions and create e.g. a list box on a data island field or buttons to toggle between your expression (refer to the sample QVW referenced above or search the forum for 'ad-hoc report' to get some demos).

2. You can filter your report either by using a calculated dimension

=If(Year >= 2016, Year)

or using set analysis in all your expression aggreggations, for example something like

=Sum({<Year = {2016}>} Target)