Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III

How to debug missing data

Dear Qlikview community,

I succeeded so far to build a Fact table (a Star model) and I added dimensions Tables.

The next step is to connect this fact table to other tables containing data needed for comparison to mesures in the fact table (in a chart diagram).

To connect these tables to the fact table I used composite keys.

Results:

1. I am getting good results from the first table named (BUDGETPROD). The Key I defined for this table is:

CODUSN&'-'&ANNEE&'-'&CODPROD AS BudgetCodeKey, (The same in the fact table)

2. I am getting missing data (for some months) for the second table (BUDGETPRODM) . The key I defined for this table is:

CODUSN&'-'&ANNEE&'-'&CODPROD&'-'&MOIS AS BudgetMoisCodeKey. (The same in the fact table)

Some monthly (defined by MOIS) budget values are missing for a given product defined by CODPROD and a factory code CODUSN in a given year ANNEE.

My Question is there is a debug method that I can use to find the error?

Thank you,

Abdallah

5 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

your first fact table and your Budget tables are connected to each others with composite key, right ?

Do your fact-tables share the same dimension tables? can you do a "CTRL + T" and make a screen shot?

absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Youssef,

Yes my fact tables share the same dimension tables but the Table TableDeFait is connecting all the tables.

Please see the screen print.

Kind regards,

AbdallahLink Tables.png

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

Please upload a small sample qvw which demonstrates your problem

absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

An other picture my be it is clearer

Link Tables Missing Data.bmp

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

i think you should rethink on how you should create and link your budget tables..

for me, you can create one single physical budget table (that includes your different Budget tables, which have different granularities) and concatenate it on your Fact-table.