Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abc_18
Creator II
Creator II

How to display expression value only at subtotal level in pivot table.

Hi,

I have one expression field Variance%

Formula is :- Variance%= EAC-Budget / Budget.

in this image I have budget data only for Vendor C, so for that that row variance is -100%.

My requirement is how to get that variance value only at subtotal level, that is only -74% should display in report.

Pivot Table.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi Shikha, last total usually has Dimensionality=0, you can check this in the expression:

If(Dimensionality()=0, YourExpression)

View solution in original post

11 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Shikha, last total usually has Dimensionality=0, you can check this in the expression:

If(Dimensionality()=0, YourExpression)

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Did you give a try with Dimensionality() function ...

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this

=IF(RowNo() = 0, 'Your Variance Expression')

Regards,

Jagan.

abc_18
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ruben,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am getting the output , but only when I click to get subtotal. otherwise in variance column blank data is coming.

rubenmarin

Hi Shikha, sorry but I don't understand the behaviour, where you click to get the subtotals? Can you upload a sample or screenshot to check the issue?

abc_18
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If I click on Cost Code 456 then in subtotal I am getting some value in variance% column ,but if cost code is not selected then Variance column is appearing blank.

I have attached sample screenshot.

Pivot2.png

rubenmarin

Still not sure, I will need a sample to give a tested answer...Maybe with:

If(Dimensionality()<Max(Dimensionality()), YourExpression)

If it helps, you can add a column with just Dimensionality() to check the values when you select code and set the condition properly.

abc_18
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ruben,

After loading the data in qlikview with variance formula  (EAC-Budget / Budget ), report is like this.

P1.png

But once I apply this formula to get variance only at subtotal level

If(Dimensionality()=0, (EAC-Budget / Budget )) on variance% column  then Variance column is appearing blank no data.

Pivot2.png

but if I click on any cost code (because partial sum is based on cost code ) to get subtotal then variance is appearing at subtotal level.

p3.png

My question is that, is it possible to show variance even if we don't click on subtotal level ??

sunny_talwar

We don't see the subtotal in your second image

Capture.PNG