Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepthi_k
Contributor
Contributor

How to display latest 5 values based on date in list box

Hi sunny_talwarthe 
Can anyone please help me on this . My requirement :We have App_Version_Number and Date in the table,so based on the date i need to display that top latest 5 app_version_numbers in the list box. Example: App version change happened every month in a year (it can be every month, or once every 2-3 months) so if we are in Nov 2019, show app versions for July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov 2019 in the dashboard, but the data shown should be for 2018, 2019 both. Also, when we select May 2019 in dates, then the app version should show as the one applicable for May 2019. I want to understand if this is possible to do in Qlikview

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Frank_Kipry
Contributor II
Contributor II

Maybe it can be done simpler, but I think I had a similar case in the past:

we had a list sorted, so I think in this case

create a new column in the script:

MONTH_SORT: current_Month = 1, current_Month-1 = 2,...,current_Month-4 = 5

and in the Chart as an Expression:

if(Only{1<MONTH_SORT={5}> MM_YYYY} = MM_YYYY,  VALUE)

I hope I don't think to complicated...

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If Frank's reply helped you get things sorted out, we would appreciate it if you would return to the thread and close it out by using the Accept as Solution button on Frank's post.  This will give him credit for the help and let other Community Members know what worked.  If you did something different, you can post that and mark that, and if you are still working on things, please leave an update post on what you still need.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.