Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SNR1
Creator
Creator

How to exclude/remove multiple values at a time from list box

HI All, How to exclude/remove multiple values at a time from list box Example: I have 10 values I a list box amount 123456 12/23 ver. 11/23 s1 5/25 s2 6/26 ver like that I want only 12/23ver value and 6/26 value remaining values not needed to me amount --> is a text value in the list box 6/26 --> also a text value. reaming are numbers. Could you please suggest me how to process that one Thanks In Advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

as shown by dimitrios, use an expression on your listbox and try this:

=if(not match(YOUR_FIELD,'THE VALUE YOU WANT TO EXCLUSE','ANOTHER VALUE YOU WANT TO EXCLUSE','ONE MORE VALUE YOU WANT TO EXCLUSE'), YOUR_FIELD)

like this you will have all your values except the list you wrote on the expression.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

the values you want to keep and those you want to excluse are not clear.

would you be able to share a screen shot of that listbox ?

you can use if(not match....

dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III

You can modify the listbox to be populated not directly from the Field but by an expression like this one:

=Match(Field,'Value1','Value2','Value3')

Capture.JPG

Father/Husband/BI Developer
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

it is not a conditional display expression section, so you need to use IF statement and specify the output field, like this:

=if(Match(Field,'Value1','Value2','Value3'),Field)

SNR1
Creator
Creator
Author

HI Yousuf , Thanks for the info i want to display only few values in the list as of now once qvw reloaded after a week new field is also added to the list box only few values (  11/23 s1 5/25, amount ) need to hide permanently. if you have any questions please tell me I need to solve this issue asasp. Ex: amount; 123456; 12/23 ver. ; 11/23 s1; 5/25 s2; 6/26 ver ; I want to excludebelow values amount; 12/23 ver. ; 11/23 s1; 5/25 s2; SO my list like below 123456; 6/26 ver ; once qvw app reloaded with new data list box like below 123456; 6/26 ver ; new filed1 newfiled2 Thanks In Advance

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

as shown by dimitrios, use an expression on your listbox and try this:

=if(not match(YOUR_FIELD,'THE VALUE YOU WANT TO EXCLUSE','ANOTHER VALUE YOU WANT TO EXCLUSE','ONE MORE VALUE YOU WANT TO EXCLUSE'), YOUR_FIELD)

like this you will have all your values except the list you wrote on the expression.

dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III

Yes, you are right, my mistake.

Father/Husband/BI Developer
SNR1
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Yousuf For the info I need one more question Regarding to list box default selection if you don't mine please help I have a list box default selection for a value when ever I open the document that value selected in list box and highlighted with green color (02/22 ver.) (03/22 ver.) (04/23 ver.) (05/23 ver.) (06/23 ver.) (10/23 ver.)(prev year) I want latest version as a default and highlighted with green color in list box . if the app reloaded with new data then new version(07/26) is added to list box and new version (07/26) is the default I used trigger onopen but its not working properly. is there any other way to default selection of listboxes Please suggest me Thanks In Advance.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I don't think OnOpen Trigger will work on the accesspoint.

take a look at this: Issue with trigger on opening document

SNR1
Creator
Creator
Author

HI Youssef, I tried that method also but I'm getting same result could you please suggest me other way to highlight the default selection in list box with green color. Thanks In Advance