Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to fetch data from excel sheet present on sharepoint into QlikView installed on server with the help of Odata connector?

Hi All,

There is OData connector installed on the QlikView server. Can anyone please let me know how to fetch data from excel sheet present on sharepoint into QlikView installed on the server with the help of OData connector? Is there any documentation available for the same?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Nawaz

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shiva,

Yes i checked this link. Many things are not clear like:

"OData Service root" field?

"OData Query options" field?

Can you elaborate on this field if you know by any chance?

I simply need to fetch data from excel sheet present on sharepoint into QlikView installed on server. This I can do very easily on my local QlikView by directly specifying the link, but not possible on the server. For server, we need to make use of OData connector.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Nawaz

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

okay.

we are doing different way,i.e through ms access as a bridge even on qlikview server.

if you would like to know abt ms access option i'll share more details.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shiva,

Please share more details of your workaround. I will try to implement that if its feasible for our requirement.

Thanks!

Nawaz

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

this how we are doing.

The following are the steps to fetch SharePoint lists information into QlikView.

1. Open the list in MS Access from MS SharePoint Website
  2. Choose the option Link to data on the SharePoint site. So that the data updated in SharePoint will automatically link to the MS Access.
  3. QlikView: Access the ODBC and create connection information of the Access DB.