Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ysj
Creator
Creator

How to fill data(data stuffing) in file while loading qlikview application?

Hi,

I have data of log file for month but what I have observed that some of the log files are missing then at the time of reloading its giving an error that file not found.

Want to achieve: Load the application without error and adding data for missing log file.

Could you please suggest the way.

Thank you,

YJ

12 Replies
omkarvamsi
Creator
Creator

you can try

SET Errormode=0;

write the SET statement in the script starting position and reload the script.you will not see the file not found error.

please explain this " adding data for missing log file"

ysj
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Omkar,

I know we can write SET Errormode=0; it will not give any error but I dont want this.

Suppose one of the file is missing then it should be NA or Unkown .

Example: Suppose I want load 4 files in my dashboard so i have pass the value as 4 i.e 0 to 3 to variable to read the four days of data but i have only three files what shall I do in this case.

Please suggest you thoughts.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you explain real data of log files where you do? Do you getting this using For ... Loop ???

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
ysj
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Anil,

I have different log files like session log, event log,performance log now what happen when I am using single for loop for all log files to fetch data then suppose event has all files same for performance but one of session file is not created then what to do in such scenario.

For that what I am doing I am fetching data but its not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

for the critical parts, you should Set ErrorMode = 0 and then Set it back to 1.

Within the critical parts you will have to implement a kind of errorhandling.

You can read the variables ScriptError and ScriptErrorDetails for further information which error occurred.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Rather function can be possible using technical. May be we can restrict with in the For..Loop. using other functionality. Can you share the code?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
ysj
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Anil,

I cant share you file as its sensitive information as well.

Could you please help me for those file that does not have data .i.e that file is not present in source its self then what to do without failing error script

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Qlik Community Tip: How to Get Answers to Your Post

ysj
Creator
Creator
Author

Please find attached application to main thread.