Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to filter documents from the user id(Authorization)

I have table documentsTable

idDoc, Sum, Date, idUser - these are columns. I make this table in qvd format for example.

So how can i do, that user login in qlikview - and if his idUser = 1 than he can see reports and documents which are only with idUser = 1 from table documentsTable? Some kind of authorization.

29 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Evgeny,

You may define a section access table where, besides asking the user login and password, use that login as filter, enabling "Strict Exclusion" in your Document Properties. Be very careful when doing this and backup your file, as if you fail to login (your section access does not behave as it is supposed to) you may lose your document.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can implement the security through section access. You should include the section access details in the script and enable the data level security

The sample script is as follows:

Section Access;
Load * inline
[ACCESS,USERID,PASSWORD
ADMIN, A,X
USER,U,Y ];
Section Application;
Load... … from... …

You can find more details in the Qlikview reference manual.

-Haneesh

Not applicable
Author

Thank u Miguel for ur answer! But could ur write some example script of section access.. and what controls in qlikview are for login of user, and how this info stored in qlikview? or where can i read about it? in tutorials it is er few info about this..

Not applicable
Author

see a real example described previously

http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/32211/124570.aspx

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Evgeny,

Haneesh sample code might do, but please download and check this document in order to understand better the way section access works. Once the user has logged, the data will be reduced according to the user id or whatever field you want to use, so charts will only display info linked to that user.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Thank u Miguel, and Thank u All!! i will study links that u give me.. and than it would be more concrete questions i guess..)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel! this document is very helpful to understand the security implementation.

-Haneesh

Not applicable
Author

I have table in excel:

USERID PASSWORD ACCESS GROUP
ADMIN 123 ADMIN
User1 1 USER GROUP1
User2 2 USER GROUP2
User3 3 USER GROUP3
User4 4 USER GROUP4

than, i'm loging through for example user2.

i have another table in excel

GROUP Position_ID
GROUP1 397
GROUP2 74
GROUP3 482
GROUP4 350

So, when i'm logging through user2 it gets that user2 position_id is -- 74.

No i must load data from qvd file something like:

[dm_Sales]:
LOAD
dm_Sales_id
, dm_Sales_SK_Date_ID as SK_Date_ID
, dm_Sales_SK_Distributor_ID AS SK_Distributor_ID
, dm_Sales_SK_SKU_ID as SK_SKU_ID
, dm_Sales_SK_Position_ID as Position_ID
, dm_Sales_Doc_ID
, dm_Sales_Amount
FROM dm_Sales.qvd(QVD)
where Position_ID = ?

How can i filter sales table by Position_ID ?
what should i write in query?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Evgeny,

First, I'd check that

STAR IS *;...ADMIN 123 ADMIN *

adding asterisk means that admin is allowed to see everything.

Second, you don't have to check anything in your select statement, as QlikView will reduce data following the logged in user. It's like when you select one value in Position_ID and then go to File -> Data Reduction -> Keep possible values, which will erase all values not linked to the selected Position_ID. For that, you will need to check Strict Exclusion in your document properties once you are sure your section access is working properly.

Regards