Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator

How to find tables and columns used in Qlikview not $Fields or$Tables?

Hi,

I would like to find underlying tables and columns(actual columns) not the aliased field name from qlikview. $Fields gives the aliased fields not the actual fields used?

Is there any tool or way to find this?

Thank you,

Gautham

8 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do you mean that you want to know the source tables and fields? There is no single way to answer this and  it is dependent on how your load script is defined. Do you keep the source field names? Do you qualify the names? Do you use a mapped rename of your fields?

The data lineage of a QVD is stored in the QVD metadata. Perhaps this will be useful.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

Do you mean that you want to know the source tables and fields? Yes, actual tables names and column names of the database.

Do you keep the source field names? Well, some of them are direct SQL with preload statements with columns aliased, some loaded from QVD with names aliased. Do you qualify the names? No.Do you use a mapped rename of your fields? Yes

Let me know if you need more information. Thanks.

jasonmomoa
Creator
Creator

Hi gauthamchilled‌,

You can create a straight table in Qlik Sense, and type '$Table' and '$Field' as dimensions on it. Even though they not appear right away, they are still available.

Captura.PNG

gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

$Field will not give the actual column.

gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

jontydkpi: Can you advice?

gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

bump

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The only way that i know is to use the Load script and manually create the relationships between the QV fields and the source fields.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jasonmomoa
Creator
Creator

Hi gauthamchilled‌,

I can't think of a reason why the $Field is not displaying the fields for each $Table. Are you successfully loading data so that the fields really exist in the application?