Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get negative data point values to show on top for a bar chart?

Qlikview 11

1. How to get negatve data point values to show on top for a bar chart?

When I select 'Values on Data Points', the positive values show up on top, but not the negative values.

My scale is showing only 0 to 100%.  So the negative value data points do not display.  I wouldn't mind showing the negative values however I don't know how to make the scale different for negative values (<0) and positive values (>0).  The negative values in my data set are as low as -3,000%, however my highest positive value is 100%.  So the scale

Help please!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Seems to work at my side, see attached. I am using QV11.

It should also be possible to sort by y-value, using this as hidden expression:

=num(Value,'#0.0%')

and set static min for axis scale to 0

View solution in original post

16 Replies
sreenivas
Creator III
Creator III

Can u send the sample data

Not applicable
Author

Here

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You could try something like

=dual(Value,if(Value<0,0.000001,Value))

as expression.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response.  But my real data set has negative decimal numbers.  The scale is based on percentages actually.  But, I was not able to load the decimal values in the load statement.  The values showed up as text.   I didn't think it would make a difference.

How do you format the VALUE field to recognize the value as numbers if they are decimals?

I can attach another sample when I figure that out???????

Not applicable
Author

Here is a copy of the sample with the load * inline script that shows the decimal values.

Help please!!!!!!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

nicole00,

I've attached best I could get.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for trying! Your solution shows commas, which will not work.  Also my real data set reflects a maximum of 100% (or 1) and minimum of any negative percentage. For example max 100% (or 1.0) and a min -3,247% (or 32.47).

Qlikview seems to be so complicated!!!!!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, formatting could be a lot simpler, I agree.

My previous solution showed comma as decimal separator, because that's what was specified in your original sample file.

I changed that in attached file and added a huge negative value.

Not applicable
Author

If I had a comma in my original data set then it shouldn't be, it was a typo.

The only time a comma should show up is in the presentation when showing -3,247%.

I tried using your example (top right), but the negative values just show 0.0%.  My real data set is not based on a load inline script. 

The Value is based on an expression = ((sum([Balance])/sum([Ceiling Amt]))

So I inserted my expression everywhere it says Value and I get 0.0%?????