Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II

How to get the value from a list box that is not selected

I need to determine the value from the Division list box in this scenario.  It is not user selected, but Qlik "selects" it based on the hierarchy of the data.  Is there a function that would allow me to determine the value in Division?

CaptureDiv.PNG

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

siddheshmane
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Use CONCAT(DISTINCT Division,  ' , ')

This will concatenate all the possible values from the Division list box

View solution in original post

4 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

=Division

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Is there a way to do it if there are multiple values?

siddheshmane
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Use CONCAT(DISTINCT Division,  ' , ')

This will concatenate all the possible values from the Division list box

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Cliff, did the latest post work for you?  If so, be sure to come back and use the Accept as Solution button on it to give the poster credit for the assistance and let the other Community Members know it worked.  If you are still trying to sort things, leave an update.  Everything else I have found on the Community points to the Concat as the right solution on this one...  I searched on GetPossibleValues to see those in case you want to look yourself, that is an API call, and everyone pretty much pointed to Concat as the solution.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.