Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shivatcs
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to give action for 'pie chart or bar chart' to get straight table

Hi guys,

how can I get straight table by clicking on pie chart or bar chart so that it has to show only Associated date in Table

For Example, if i select the green part of the pie chart(Germany), then the below table should show in straight table, without affecting the color of the pie chart.... and similar for other colors as well(If i Click on USA, then USA datas should appear in the table)

CountryProductSales
Germany

Mobile

GermanyKeonics11451453
GermanyHeadset5425514
GermanyLaptops41256
GermanyKey Board2356145

How to achieve it?

Regards,

Shivananda S

Message was edited by: shivananda s

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shambhub
Creator
Creator

Hi Shivananda,

Please follow below steps to get straight table by clicking on Pie chart segment.

Step 1: Create set analysis in Pie chart like below

Sum({<Country = >} Sales)

Step 2: Create straight table with required columns

Step 3: Create a variable says vShowTable and define like below

=If(getselectedcount(Country) = 1, 1,0)

Step 4: Go to Straight table properties -> Layout -> Conditional show and write below condition using above variable

=vShowTable = 1

Good Luck Shivanada

Best Regards

Shambhu B

View solution in original post

10 Replies
rido1421
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Shivanada

Qlikview should do this automatically , are your tables with the different data sets linked?

Maybe if you could post a picture of your table structure?

kumarkp412
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Shiva,

Based on my understand, when we make a selection in the pie chart the straight table should show the values based on the selection, right?

I think already you know that Qlikview is default association. Just check that  relationship between two fields. and also check that any duplicates between the fields just validate the data.

Please provide the sample on this .

Thanks

Kumar KVP

shivatcs
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

When I click on the green part of the pie, usually whole pie will become green, which I dont want. Rather, I want the data of Germany(Indicated by green) in the straight table. Sorry for the table i added, it was for an example.

The color of pie after clicking on the green part shouldn't be affected.

Similarly we have to do it for all colors .

How do i achieve it now?

kumarkp412
Creator II
Creator II

Hi shivananda,

As per my understand, when we make a selection in pie chart(i.e a color by country(green,white)).

You able to get that by having the drill down group  option.

Create a group which contains dimensions(country,offense) as drill group and use this group dimension as pie dimension.

i.e when we make a selection on any of the quarter(green) of pie the it goes into the appropriate fields(green) of offense .

Thanks
Kumar KVP

kumarkp412
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Shivananda,

Please find the below sample qvw file.

Thanks

Kumar KVP

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

as others have indicated selection made on one object by default caries on on other objects.

• First workaround to your solution may be a Drill Down Group dimension build from Country --> Product and functionality of Quick Change on you Pie Chart between PieChart and Straight Table chart. Then when making selection on Germany drill down group automaticly will move to next dimension (Product) and data will be shown.
  • The other way of doing this would be by creating PieChart with set analysis where you would ignore Country selection, and having other object (Table) with Country, product & sales where you would apply regular Sum(Sales) expression.  Set Analysis expression for Pie Chart should look like this:
    • Sum({<Country=>}Sales)

In second scenario you will be able to have a non-responsive pie chart/legend with possibility to apply selections ion it

see attached file

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rido1421
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Shivandra

I think I understand what you want.

When you click on the Germany in the pie chart, you want the pie to remain as it is?

but you want the straight table to adjust with only Germanys data so that you can see Germanys data relative to the other countries

If this is what you are trying to achieve,

There are a few ways to do this, You can use set analysis in the Pie chart Sum({<Country=>}Sales) This will ignore any country selections you make but the straight table should change

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shivendra,

Here if you want your table according to the country then don't take drill down dimension. Simply take country as dimension and use following expression:

Dimension:- Country

Expression:-sum({1<Country=>} Sales)

Please find attached QVW for your reference.

Thanks,

shambhub
Creator
Creator

Hi Shivananda,

Please follow below steps to get straight table by clicking on Pie chart segment.

Step 1: Create set analysis in Pie chart like below

Sum({<Country = >} Sales)

Step 2: Create straight table with required columns

Step 3: Create a variable says vShowTable and define like below

=If(getselectedcount(Country) = 1, 1,0)

Step 4: Go to Straight table properties -> Layout -> Conditional show and write below condition using above variable

=vShowTable = 1

Good Luck Shivanada

Best Regards

Shambhu B