Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to grey out a table instead of hiding it?

How to grey out a table instead of hiding it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Maybe try something like this.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can use a transparent text box with a grey color on top of the table box with a conditional show enabled using a variable or something. Also you can use a calculation condition on the Table box to not calculate when you dont need to show it.

Not applicable
Author

Yeah but then the contents of the table will change when the table is grayed out because the filters will change.

Can't I have the table grayed out and without content unless I want to show the table?

Thanks,

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Miguel

Give the new overlying Text Box 0% transparency, to stop the table being visible.

Best Regards,     Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, in that case. You can have two table box objects.

One is a normal table box object.

The other, is the same table box object but detached. So the selections wont affect this table.

Show the detached table along with an overlaying transparent text box when you dont want the user to view it. and when you do, hide this table box and show the normal table box.

to detach an object, you can simply right click on it and click detach.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Aadil

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

Don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for, but I believe you will find this example made by Matthew Crowther very inspiring:

Different Ways to Interact & Display Information With Bar Charts & Tables | QVDesign

Beware of the performance since it uses some complex expressions.

Best regards

Not applicable
Author

Maybe try something like this.