Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gallantabs
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to hide a column in a pivot table

Hello,

I have read a number of discussions about this same topic on tricks to hide columns in a pivot table using conditional show on the expression or changing the background colour on the expression to ARGB(0,0,0,0) and then shrinking the column size.

I have a pivot table where  I am calculating Percentages of Manual & Non-Manual Appointments. As shown below.

The user requirement is to hide the Manual percentage column and only show the Non-manual Percentages.

The expression which provides the Percentages is as follows:

Num(count({<[Type]>}DS_ID)/Count(TOTAL<Producttype,MthNameCreated_dt,DSWeek,DSCreated> DS_ID), '#,##0.00%')

I have tried a conditional show on the expression as shown below

if([Type]='Manual',Null(),Num(count({<[Type]>}DS_ID)/Count(TOTAL<Producttype,MthNameCreated_dt,DSWeek,DSCreated> DS_ID), '#,##0.00%'))

The results shown below is what I get.

I want to hide the Percentages Manual column circled in diagram below.

Any ideas?

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Will you able to share sample application

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable

when using manual / non manual as a dimension and use only  1 expression it is possible.

Search for concatenated fact table.

gallantabs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Anil for your response.

I have tweaked your suggestion slightly and have attached a sample version of the application with the pivot table and some data.

The requirement is for the expression called Percentage to show values for Non-Manual only and hide the Manual Percentage.

gallantabs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your update.

I will search for your suggestion and try it out.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You want to suppress only for Jan-2017?? Or where Manual is Null we need to remove those in your report?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
gallantabs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anil,

I want to suppress for all. Remove the Manual column under percentages, so they are not showing on the report.

Thnx

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Or you could try creating an artificial dimension (with values 'Manual', 'Non-Manual') using the ValueList() function, and thereby activating the Suppress when Value is 0/NULL feature of other table objects.

For an explanation with examples, see here: Re: How to hide a entire column where fields are empty/null.