Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcus_steggall
Creator
Creator

How to hide columns in a straight table, using a condition?

Hi everyone,

As you can see my from attached screen shot, I have seven expressions created in a straight table.

Total, Chargeable and Client Non-Chargeable are in Bold.

Can I put a condition in the presentation tab, that hides T&M, FF columns.... but will show them when I click on the Chargeable column?

And same for Client Non-Chargeable column, this would show the Climan/Bizdev columns.

I don't want to be able, to hide and show both of these at once... so is this actually possible?

Sure you can do some sort of layering in a pivot table, but I do like the flexibility of adjusting each column individually within a Straight table.

Any help, would be much appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Marcus,

see the attached, not exactly what you asked for =, but it may give you some ideas!

HTH Andy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, it's not possible to do this by clicking expression headers. No actions can be assigned to those headers. You can use something like discussion in this blog post: Customizable Straight Table

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That would be difficult, as a click on a cell usually results in a selection that cannot be intercepted. However, you can put transparent overlays (text boxes wihout a backgroudn color) on top of your straight table columns that should hide/show other columns. Such an overlay can have one or more associated actions that set/reset control variables to show/hide other columns (Use conditional show).

Just one tricky thing: your overlays should span more than just a single column in bold (at least one overlay has to, the other can be put on top of the very first column). Hiding the two columns to the left of the right column in bold, will move the right column to the left as well. But the overlay will stay put and won't cover the correct column in bold anymore. Therefor the overlay to the right should be mad to cover both the right column in bold, and the two columns to the left.

Peter

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Marcus,

see the attached, not exactly what you asked for =, but it may give you some ideas!

HTH Andy

marcus_steggall
Creator
Creator
Author

Andrew

This was exactly what I wanted actually and works perfectly in the real dashboard.

Really, appreciate this

Gysbert/Peter,

Appreciate your responses too, they've actually given me some ideas else where too... where I was having problems with layering and straight table customizing.

Appreciate your time, invaluable