cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II

How to let the user group data for charting

I have a simple chart that counts Distinct ID's, the end user has asked if they can create 2 groups, based on the countries.

This indicate of the total ID's which belong to them and which belong to others.

So I wrote in the expression:

count(distinct if(not wildmatch([Issue - Location],Constituents),[Issue - ID]))

count(distinct if( wildmatch([Issue - Location],Constituents),[Issue - ID]))

Then created a stacked bar chart.

But this only give me a choice of 1 country.

How can I make it interactive to make more than 1 group with each group containing more than one country?

Whats the best way, to have more alternates states if Group Constituents in a wildmatch formula?

-

I have added a qvw describing what I am after.

I want the user to selected all from grp 1, this would be the total, but then to select from grp 2 the countries to be split away from grp 1 and charted,

Thanks,

3 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you attach sample file then it would be easier to provide solution.  For this you can try

count({<[Issue - Location] =P(Constituents)>} distinct [Issue - ID]))

count({<[Issue - Location] =E(Constituents)>} distinct [Issue - ID]))

If you need more help on P() & E() refer qlikview help file in Set Analysis section.

Regards

Jagan.

tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

All I would like to do is exlude those countries selected in Grp 2 from Grp 1

=

count(distinct {[Grp 1]<Country=P([Grp 1]::Country),Country=P([Grp 2]::Country)>} distinct ID)

tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If i can nest a relace inside a set statement this may work.

I build a concat list from one list and exlude a country using the other selection and 'replace'

=

count(distinct {$<Country={"=Replace(Replace(GetFieldSelections(Country,',',100,'Grp 1'),GetFieldSelections(Country,',',100,'Grp 2'),''),',,',',')"}>} ID)