Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

How to link date field/list box to input box?

I need to create a input box that functions the same way as a list box that contains the date field? Basically convert list box to input box?

I know I can use a list box but I prefer the list box because of the look.

I found a sample that someone posted in a forum, however the list box is not linked to the field (see attached).

I need to link the value selected in the input box to the field.  Then I need a way to default the list box to the max date when the user selects clear (via a button)?  Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: How to link date field/list box to input box?

Hi,

Check the attached document.

Also go to Settings > Document Properties > Triggers and check the OnInput trigger of vValues.

Hope this answers your request.

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Check the attached document.

Also go to Settings > Document Properties > Triggers and check the OnInput trigger of vValues.

Hope this answers your request.

sebastiandperei
Valued Contributor

Nicole, I think that is useful for this the another suggestion that I gave you... Did you have tested?

Not applicable

JP_BAKHACHE, THANK YOU!!! I didn't know that I had to apply the date format when creating the trigger!

Not applicable

Sebastian you helped me out a lot too, but I didn't know how to deal with dates. Your help with the other question was very helpful!!!! THANK YOU!!!

sebastiandperei
Valued Contributor

Yes, the Date format is a very hard theme!

I recomend to use date fields every time, not timestamps or text dates, because is easier to filter.

Community Browser