Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lily
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to link text box and show data based on certain selection

Hi,

I got a requirement to develope a helpdesk dashboard. One of requirement for the dashboard is to link text box and show the data based on filter in table. I've been looking for the solution but still can't get it. 

Example as per below: 

If I click on view details text, then the detail list of high priority data will be display in table in other sheet.

https://demos.qlik.com/qlikview/HelpdeskManagementQV?q=helpdesk

Any solution to do that? 

Thank you for your help. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Make sure you have a Qlik ID so you can download contents and access all the resources in the Qlik portals (you should already anyway since you are accessing the Qlik Community via your Qlik ID):

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Register-for-a-Qlik-Account/ta-p/17...

That's all you need. Not all demos can, but this one in particular can be downloaded.

Rather than activate object, you need to "select in field" and then set the values you want to select, for what you can use a variable.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I'd download the demo app and analyze those objects you want to use. There are different forms of using actions in objects to navigate the app.

In this specific example is a text formatted with underline within a text object, using an action to select values and activate a different sheet with the details, the one you posted below.
Lily
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Miguel_Angel_Baeyens,

Thank you for your help. 

Did you know how to do this? Could you please share with me the demo app because i don't have credential to download it.  

I've created the text object with font style-underline and for the action I used the 'active sheet' and 'active object' but still can get the selected value which is 'high priority' in the table in selected sheet. The data also included the 'medium priority and low priority ' value. So, how can I get the selected value in table? 

In demo app, it is they use different sheet for each different kpi and then set the table to the selected value? Because I can't even figure it out how they do the dashboard. 

Lily_1-1594256707509.png

Lily_0-1594256688414.png

Thank you again for help.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Make sure you have a Qlik ID so you can download contents and access all the resources in the Qlik portals (you should already anyway since you are accessing the Qlik Community via your Qlik ID):

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Register-for-a-Qlik-Account/ta-p/17...

That's all you need. Not all demos can, but this one in particular can be downloaded.

Rather than activate object, you need to "select in field" and then set the values you want to select, for what you can use a variable.

Lily
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Miguel_Angel_Baeyens ,

Sorry, I'm newbie in Qlikview, I thought that we need to have a license to download the demo apps. 

Thank you for your information. I'm able to download the demo app and can refer it for my dashboard development. 

Thank you again.