Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to load multiple excel binary files (.xlsb) into qlikview

Hi,

I am stuck with loading multiple .xlsb files in qlikview. I am trying the ODBC connection. I was able to upload the 3 heavy files (.xlsb files, approx ~ 750000 rows each which took good 7-8 mins for each files) in first attempt, now i am not able to load any data from the file.

Not even from the earlier loaded script which worked at first attempt!

Though, the connection string says its connected, am getting the following error:

Also a strange behavior from Qlikview , everytime i click the Connect databse button it popoluates the old connection string on the script. How can i make qlikview forget the old connection and create new ODBC connection?

Quick help 'll be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashar

21 Replies
avinashelite

If all the files has same data structure then you could simply use the table load rite ?

like \\Path\*.xls

Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

The files are excel binary files (.xlsb), not the plain excel preadsheet (.xls). We cant use table load for the .xlsb files.

Not applicable
Author

thanks , i had been through the link earlier.

I had tried the same method, My connection get established as seen in first screenshot above. I am getting the script error while running the SQL Select (Did not recognise connector reply).

avinashelite

Try like this delete your connection script from the DSN and recreate a new one ...Share the complete script your using . One more thing you have installed all the necessary drivers rite ?

Not applicable
Author

'delete your connection script from the DSN and recreate a new one' , how to do that?

avinashelite

Go to Edit script>Tools> USER DSN > check the connection and remove

Not applicable
Author

This is how my ODBC Data Source admin looks now.

avinashelite

Create a new ODBC in USER DSN and System DSN and then use the same