Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliklearnervir
Creator
Creator

How to load qvds from last 8 months from specific days and concatenate each other

I have a Qvds from July 2019 to Feb 2020 till today.

I have to load the last 8 month data but just have to pick 1 qvd from each month and date should 5th of every month.

My Qvd structure are like Data_XXXXXXXX.qvd 

i am not able to build the loading structure please help me find out the solution.

Data_20190701.qvd

Data_20190702.qvd
Data_20200201.qvd

Data_20200202.qvd

Data_20200203.qvd

Data_20200204.qvd

Data_20200205.qvd

please suggest.

5 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I and @petter did give you two suggested solutions to a quite similar question a couple of weeks ago. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Scripting/how-to-load-specific-qvds-from-last-6-month-data-ne...

I think those approaches could be useful in this case as well 😃 What do you think @qliklearnervir ?

qliklearnervir
Creator
Creator
Author

I have issue with to use include file .

Is there any other way to load data like that.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Go for Petters solution or examine the content of the include file and create something similar in your environment. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The Include file is nothing more than a file with script code, if you do not want to do the Include, copy/paste the file contents into your script...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Syste...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

a simple script:

Data:

load * inline [

Samplefield

];

for vMonths = 0 to 7  // how many months you want to load back

let vFilename=date(addmonths(today(),-$(vMonths),'DDDDMM');

concatenate (Data)

load