Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to load xml data correctly

Hi,

I have an xml data file which I want to load into qlikview. However the structure of the xml file is not how I want it in my qlikview document. It splits up two data fields that I want together. How do I link the fields correctly together?

Please advice,

Coen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hehe, I found a very simple way thanks to the line numbering and proper ordering (see line_start_num and the lookup/peek combination):

LOAD RecNo() as loc_id,

[location/qualifier] as qualifier,

[location/gln] as gln,

[location/salesdate] as salesdate,

[lines/line/num] as line_start_num

FROM [testfile.xml] (XmlSimple, Table is [reflecta/message/locations]);

line:

LOAD [num],

[gtin],

[loccode],

[pricenet],

[salesqty]

FROM [testfile.xml] (XmlSimple, Table is [reflecta/message/locations/lines/line]);

JOIN(line) LOAD num, alt(Lookup('loc_id','line_start_num',num,'location'),peek(loc_id)) as loc_id Resident line;

Hope you understand the approach..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D

View solution in original post

24 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could merge these fields within the Load-Statement:

FIELD1 & 'ANYDELIMITER' & FIELD2 as YourFieldName

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

I need gtin, pricenet and salesqty from the first load bit and then I need to know which of these sales are done in which store. But the store location is in the second statement as gln. And also I would like salesdate in there. This is the part of the load statement I need:

line:

LOAD num,

gtin,

loccode,

pricenet,

salesqty,

%Key_reflecta_F04CE706899CA9BA    // Key to parent table: reflecta

FROM [XML data\SLSRPT_3991706021.xml] (XmlSimple, Table is [reflecta/message/locations/lines/line]);

LOAD qualifier,

gln,

salesdate,

%Key_reflecta_F04CE706899CA9BA,    // Key to parent table: reflecta

%Key_location_589A06FA2D105F30    // Key for this table: reflecta/message/locations/location

FROM [XML data\SLSRPT_3991706021.xml] (XmlSimple, Table is [reflecta/message/locations/location]);

marcus_sommer

Then you need a join or mapping between these tables, try this:

match:

LOAD

gtin, pricenet, salesqty,

FROM [XML data\SLSRPT_3991706021.xml] (XmlSimple, Table is [reflecta/message/locations/lines/line]);

join (match) // left, right, inner ???

LOAD

gln, salesdate,

FROM [XML data\SLSRPT_3991706021.xml] (XmlSimple, Table is [reflecta/message/locations/location]);

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

But there is no common field other then %Key_reflecta_F04CE706899CA9BA. But this one is empty. All values in there are 0.

marcus_sommer

Then it is more complicated and you must investigate your data-structure to find the connections between the tables. Perhaps the xml isn't create properly ...

- Marcus

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Coen,

it depends on the XML data structure (XSD). Very often it consists of serveral tables you have to join. Could you upload an example file?

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Cannot get this to work since QlikView doesn't create a key for table location in table line.. You probably could read it line-wise and loop thru location/line..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Do you know where to find a guide on how to do that?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Not really. It's a bit hardcore scripting..

Astrato.io Head of R&D