Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vasavidxc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to lock qvd while qvd is performing incremental load

Hi All,

I will be generating some qvd files which are used by most of the teams. They are using qvd's at the time of qvd creation.So, read and write issues are occurring and qvd fails with fail to open in write mode.

So, I want to know is it possible to lock the qvd until its creation?. After storing qvd I can release the lock and the respective dashboards can use the qvd.

Is this possible?? 

or any other solutions, please provide

Labels (1)
3 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Maybe you could write the qvd to a location where other people can't read it. Then after the store is finished, the qvd could be moved or copied to the location where people could read it.

vasavidxc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Mwoolf,

Thank you so much for your response, but this process will consume space in two locations right

I need to overwrite the existing path qvd's with the new path, how to do that could you please help without using EXECUTE cmd.exe command?

If possible Is there any process that I can do other than this?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have a look at the following Help link:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Error...

If you can identify which error is being thrown when we cannot the lock, you can use an IF statement within the QVD step to try to catch the error and either immediately exit the script in that case and allow a retry to occur or use a pause statement and have it loop again with things set to loop multiple times until a variable is true, which you set upon success.  Only way of which I can think to try to do what you want, hopefully makes some sense.

Found a Design Blog post that may help further in explaining things a bit better:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Error-Variables/ba-p/1464402

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.