Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kshirtan
Contributor
Contributor

How to make Qlikview read HTML and display text as per proper formatting mentioned in the HTML script?

Hi,

I have a requirement, wherein I want to input commentary(comments, ie; plain text) passed by users through a web interface.

Can a sheet object, like a straight table chart take such a commentary in the form of HTML as input and apply proper formatting/rendering and indentation to it?

Also can Qlikview 11.20 or Qlikview 12.10 support this?

My ultimate aim is to export the reports via CIA Report Manager.

Hence, the commentary should appear with proper formatting in the Report editor too.

The commentary in the form of HTML will be retrieved from a view in the database.

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Do you have third party tool like CIA? If so, If CIA possible to tag HTML then we can buildup in Qlik. Can you help us to understand more in your business of road map?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

It couldn't be done with the native qlikview objects but it's in generally possible with extensions. Maybe this one is suitable enough for your aim: QlikTip #39: Displaying Html content within QlikView (Minimalistic HtmlTextBox Object Extension).

- Marcus

kshirtan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Anil,

We use CIA Report Manager to export reports in the form of pdf.

Can you please provide an example of using CIA and rendering text mentioned in HTML?

Thanks.

kshirtan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Marcus,

My firm won't allow using such an extension.

I was wondering if there is any such provision in Qlikview 12.10 SR 15 client desktop and plugin?

Thanks.

marcus_sommer

I don't think that there is any way with the native qlik-objects but it may an alternatively to change the reporting-tool maybe to NPrinting. It's a rather old posting discussing the pros and cons of CIA Report Manager and NPrinting but it may helpful for you: NPrinting vs CIA Partners QlikView Reporting add-on.

- Marcus