Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make a dashboard

I was a student, I enroll into a new company and the company is giving me a test to create a dashboard of Qlikview application given to me. I have never heard what it was Qlikview and I do not understand how to make the dashboard. Can you help me how do I be making the dashboard? for your attention I say thank you.

15 Replies
vinod_nallapaneni

Hi,

Hope this will help  QlikView Getting Started | Data Dashboard Made Easy

Good Luck.

-Vinod.

tom2qlik
Creator
Creator

Hi Rosdiana,

You should understand what a dashboard is and how it helps the company with their reporting.  Looks like there are some good links above to catch you up.  But you'll need to learn qlikview before you can create a dashboard and I'm not sure you have the time to do that. 

I would suggest you start off learning basics such as loading data from excel into a qlik document.  As regards to creating charts it will be difficult without knowing how to write expressions.  If you wanted to learn, try learning some basic expressions to present the data within charts.

Just a note on the test the company is giving you.  From my experience companies do tests like these to see how much you know and not necessarily to complete the task for them.  Sometimes being honest is the best response.  Saying I don't know qlikview, but in the 3 days this is what I've learnt and have produced.  Often if a company likes you as a candidate, may be impressed with your honesty and willing to hire and train you in the application.

Just my advice, and good luck with it

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mr.Jose,

Thank you for the information you provide, this information is very helpful. Once again I say thank you.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mr.Sivasankar

Thank you for the information you provide, this information is very helpful. Once again I say thank you.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mr.Vinod,

Thank you very much for the information you provide, this information is very helpful. Once again I say thank you sir.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mr.Tom Neal,

Thank you very much for the information you provide, this information is very helpful. Once again I say thank you sir.

May God bless u sir.

Regards,