Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to make our design flexible?

Hi

i am having dashboard in which i have comparison of sales based on year and season. I want to compare 2015 year sales with 2017

how to implement the same ?

qlikckk.pngthe date represented above chart as 2016(is a text box in which under text option it is written as (=prev_year)  has following coding in the script

Let currentdate =DATE(Today(1)-1,'YYYYMMDD');
Let Curr_Year = Year(Today());
Let Prev_Year = (Year(Today())-1);

4 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Alternate States?

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You could use Set Analysis to do this, I think.  You use a Set expression like Year = {"$(=Max(Year))"} In your formula.  It might look something like....

Sum({$<Year = {"$(=Max(Year))"} >} Sales)       //This is for Current year sales, or "max selected year".

Sum({$<Year = {"$(=Max(Year)-2)"} >} Sales)       //This is for the Max selected year -2, or 2015. 

You would use these as 2 different expressions in your chart and you would be able to get your two different years.

Hope this helps.

Nate

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes

inhereted

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have assigned following values to my variables in the script itself

Let currentdate =DATE(Today(1)-1,'YYYYMMDD');
Let Curr_Year = Year(Today());
Let Prev_Year = (Year(Today())-1);

then i have used this variables curr_year and prev_year in my chart expressions

=num(

sum(if(Sold_Date <= MakeDate(Prev_Year,month(To),day(To)) and Sold_Date >= MakeDate(Prev_Year,month(From),day(From)),  [inv value]))/Sales_INR_Unit,

'#,##0.0')

now i want to assign the variable curr_year so that it can show comparison between any season les than  2017 ie curr_year

so what changes i have to do for the same in my variable declaration?