Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to manage multilanguage data in Qlikview

Hi all,

I have a parameter table, in which the translation is stored per Country and per language

as following, categorized by param_type. The param_code is used for the mapping to extract the param_text . Note that there are not always translation (text) in all languages, if no text/translation is found, we show the code instead                                                                                              

param_typeparam_countryparam_langueparam_codeparam_text
param_groupUSAENchd01Demonstration
param_groupUSAFRchd01Démonstration
param_groupFRAFRchd01démo FR
param_groupFRAFRchd01démo FR
param_groupUSAFRcheveryoneRégion Everyone
param_groupFRAENcheveryoneRegion Everyone
param_groupFRAFRchl01Linéaire 01
param_groupUSAENchl01Linear 1
param_groupUSAENchl99Key-Account
param_groupFRAFRchl99k-accounts
param_systemUSAENsys1System 1
param_systemUSAFRsys1Système 1
param_systemFRAFRsys1Système 1
param_systemUSAENsys2System 2
param_systemFRAFRsyswSystème 2

Data is store as following, we need to display on the interface (as dimension of a pivot table) the text/description corresponding to the codes: values in column "group_code" can be found within param_type = 'param_group' according to the Country (available in data rows and the application's language (do not available during scriptting, but via a variable vDataLanguage) 

idcountrygroup_codesystem_codeprice
1USAchl01sys1100
2FRAchd01sys2200
3USAchl99sys1500

I need to achieve the following

If  vDataLanguage = FR
IDCountryGroupSystemPrice
1USA(chl01)Système 1100(chl01 has no translation in USA / FR so we show the code)
2FRAdémo FRSystème 2200
3USA(chl99)Système 1500(chl01 has no translation in USA / FR so we show the code)

If  vDataLanguage = EN
IDCountryGroupSystemPrice
1USALinear 1System 1100
2FRAdémo FR(sys2)200(sys2 has no translation in FRA / FR so we show the code)
3USAKey-AccountSystem 1500

I had followed a solution, which is add 2 additional columns per param_type ( for example group_text_EN, group_text_FR, etc...)into the Data table during load, using ApplyMap. Then once in the interface, I set up the expression inteads of a fixed field (If vDataLanguage = 'EN', group_text_EN, group_text_FR). The problem is, when a user select a value, in Active Selection box, we see both fields appeared (group_text_EN = 'value', group_text_FR='...'). Even worse because in reality I have 3 languages.

Any proposal to improve or do this differently ?

Thanks a lot

0 Replies