Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to open a specific sheet of another application from an existing application

Hi,

I have an application in which I need to create a text box/button, clicking on the same has to open a specific sheet of another application. For example, I am working on ABC.qvw and I create a text box/button wherein which, I click on the same, and it has to open Sheet (SH02) of XYZ.qvw. Both these applications are in my local folder. I have the application saved in my local folder as C:\Leads\City Project\4.App\XYZ.qvw.

Can someone help me with the same?

Regards,

Jagan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

Created a field name as "Sheet" and its contains the Sheet Ids value in both qv files.

In qv1 file:

Created 3 text object and contain 2 actions.

1. Select in field : Sheet -> SH01 (Sheet Id), similarly for sheet 2 n sheet 3 in corresponding text boxes.

2. Open the qlikview document with Transfer state (checkbox).

In qv2 file:

- Contains 3 sheets.

- In Sheet properties -> General -> Show sheet -> Conditional =MaxString(Sheet)='SH01'

(Similarly for next 2 sheet). Save the file n close it.

Open the qv1 file, and select the textbox, its will show the corresponding sheet in qv2 file.

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

May be try like this

ABC.qvw text box -> Action -> External -> Open Qlikview Document

Document -> XYZ.qvw

In XYZ.qvw , Document Properties -> OnOpen trigger -> Layout -> Activate Sheet

Sheet ID -> SH02.

its static method.

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
help4qv123
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Mr Rao,

If u got the ans. Please mark it as a correct ans. so that other people will know. What Ramasamy told id right.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Try Document chaining as mentioned by Ramaswamy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ramaswamy,

Thanks for your solution. This is helpful. I got a new requirement now on the same aspect. Here, I need to create three text boxes. Each Text box/button should be linked to different sheets of XYZ.qvw. For example, 1st tab should be linked to Sheet 1, second tab to Sheet 2 and third tab to Sheet 3. How can I do that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Jagan

help4qv123
Creator II
Creator II

u can do in the same way as ramaswamy given u an ans. it was for 1 button. same way u can create more to buttons and link to those.

help4qv123
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Give me your mail id. so that i can help u

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am sorry, I did not completely understand how to do that for other buttons. It would be great if you can elaborate on that. Ramaswamy mentioned that after setting the action in the first document, I need to open XYZ.qvw and set the trigger. If that is the case, how can I do it for the second button, as the 'Open trigger' is already given in XYZ.qvw? Can we give multiple triggers in XYZ.qvw (second document)?

Regards,

Jagan

MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like attachment.

Hope it give idea for you.

Regards,

Mayil Vahanan R

help4qv123
Creator II
Creator II

can u create 3 different xyz.qvw

1 will be for 1st button and 2nd for 2nd button and so on....