Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miranast
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to pass search bar value in a url

Hi Qlikview gurus

I need to pass search bar value in a url.

Syntax like 

http://url/opendoc.htm?document=document.qvw&select=SO01,12345

doesn't work.

Any ideas are welcome! 

Thank you.

Labels (2)
10 Replies
alex00321
Creator II
Creator II

Hi you could save a bookmark and use that url.

miranast
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Alex

I need url address with pre-selected values that I can change dynamically. Pre-selected values will be defined in another application and can be different each time user tries to access url.

alex00321
Creator II
Creator II

Hi in this case, you would need your selection object ID and use getselection function to pass the parameter. thanks!

miranast
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Alex

Could you please give an example.

I tried

&select=ObjectID, ObjectValue and it didn't work.

Thank you!

alex00321
Creator II
Creator II

hi I've used your extension but it worked..

miranast
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi

It works for labels but doesn't work for search box where I have fields to select from.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe the issue with the search object is going to be along the lines of the other poster, the search object is returning a list of possible items, you would need to specify which of those items you want to select I believe, but I am not sure how to go about doing that in this case, as I mostly focus on the backend, not the frontend side of things.  My post will kick things back up, will see if anyone else has a read at things and can come up with a better idea here.  It might help if you clarify the use case too, as I am a little confused on exactly what you are trying to do how at the moment and why...  If you can detail that out a bit more, that may help others come up with some further ideas on how to go about it.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
miranast
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Brett,

Thanks a lot for kicking the question up.

I'll try to expand a bit on a problem.

I need to open link to a qlikview page from another application. Also I need to pass a parameter (customer id) that is defined by this application. At qlikview page there is a search bar that has several fields to select from (customer id, customer name, customer email). Search can be done by simply typing a value for any of the fields, or by selecting a field and selecting value from a list of values for the field.

The question is - what is a correct web-link syntax for qlikview page to pass a value for customer id field in a search bar.

Thank you!

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The catch here is I do not believe the search object is going to allow you to pull anything from it, you would have to figure out which field was used in the object and then get the selected value(s) from that field I believe.  The only thing of which I could think outside that was perhaps an Extension object, but you cannot really mess with the data or data model according to the Help there, so that left me a bit stuck on possibilities.  The only other place I could point you would be the Design Blog area to poke around there to see if you can find any examples that might give you some other ideas.  Here is the main link to that area where you can search, I did a little myself, but was not having much luck finding anything that I thought might be useful.  The only other option might be to reach out to your account manager to see if they can perhaps engage with one of the consultants to run things by them to see if they can think of anything...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.