Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to plot multiple y-values as dots against x-axis?

Dear Qlikview users,

I have a excelsheet with temperature and gas data. I need to create a chart where the temperature is on the x-axis. And every gas-value which belongs to that temperature value must be plotted as an individual dot. This is a excerpt from my excel sheet:

qv_data_ex.PNG

The column "KLIMAAT" stands for the temperature. the last column represents the gas-values.
As you can see in the sheet there is a temperature-value of -0.9. The gasvalues 38 and 35. So when a chart is plotted.
Under the value -0.9 two dots must be plotted, representing the value 35 and 38. For example:

qv_plot_ex.PNG

How can I achieve this?
My first thought was to use the scatter plot chart, but I did not get the right result. Maybe I did something wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, you should use a scatter chart.

You need one dot per data point/record so you should use the record id as dimension. If you don't have a record id, you should create one in the script:

recno() as RecordID,

In the scatter plot, you should switch to "Advanced mode" and use the following two expressions:

Avg(KLIMAAT)

Avg([Gas value])

Good luck!

HIC

View solution in original post

1 Reply
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, you should use a scatter chart.

You need one dot per data point/record so you should use the record id as dimension. If you don't have a record id, you should create one in the script:

recno() as RecordID,

In the scatter plot, you should switch to "Advanced mode" and use the following two expressions:

Avg(KLIMAAT)

Avg([Gas value])

Good luck!

HIC