Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

How to plot multiple y-values as dots against x-axis?

Dear Qlikview users,

I have a excelsheet with temperature and gas data. I need to create a chart where the temperature is on the x-axis. And every gas-value which belongs to that temperature value must be plotted as an individual dot. This is a excerpt from my excel sheet:

qv_data_ex.PNG

The column "KLIMAAT" stands for the temperature. the last column represents the gas-values.
As you can see in the sheet there is a temperature-value of -0.9. The gasvalues 38 and 35. So when a chart is plotted.
Under the value -0.9 two dots must be plotted, representing the value 35 and 38. For example:

qv_plot_ex.PNG

How can I achieve this?
My first thought was to use the scatter plot chart, but I did not get the right result. Maybe I did something wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Henric_Cronström
Not applicable

Re: How to plot multiple y-values as dots against x-axis?

Yes, you should use a scatter chart.

You need one dot per data point/record so you should use the record id as dimension. If you don't have a record id, you should create one in the script:

recno() as RecordID,

In the scatter plot, you should switch to "Advanced mode" and use the following two expressions:

Avg(KLIMAAT)

Avg([Gas value])

Good luck!

HIC

1 Reply
Henric_Cronström
Not applicable

Re: How to plot multiple y-values as dots against x-axis?

Yes, you should use a scatter chart.

You need one dot per data point/record so you should use the record id as dimension. If you don't have a record id, you should create one in the script:

recno() as RecordID,

In the scatter plot, you should switch to "Advanced mode" and use the following two expressions:

Avg(KLIMAAT)

Avg([Gas value])

Good luck!

HIC