Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to prevent exponential numbers auto-convert?

Hi,

I'm using a application that have a field that contains data set as VARCHAR2, in oracle pl/sql, and when I extract that field some data come like a result in exponential. For example: I have a field that contains a company's ID like 001E2, and I want it to stay that way, but whenever I extract that, or try to transform in text, it always shows 00100...

Thanks for the help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have found how to prevent the conversion of a exponecial number, it was in the release notes from the 11th version. There are a new variable named ExponentNumberNotation that can be set to 0 to ignore the conversion of the exponencials...

This topic can be closed now.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi you can use text(ID) in the script

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the response, but it doesn't work, I've tried this before post it here... The only way it could be possible is if I contatenate it with another character, then removing it at the load on the others dashboards... It doesn't are nor feel right and I can't change all the others dashboards that use this extraction just for these particular cases...

Not applicable
Author

I have found how to prevent the conversion of a exponecial number, it was in the release notes from the 11th version. There are a new variable named ExponentNumberNotation that can be set to 0 to ignore the conversion of the exponencials...

This topic can be closed now.

Thank you.