Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to refer to selection of a object which is not part of data model

Dear people,

I have a table which is not part of data mode (secondary tablel). I wanna apply its selections to update the expression in a table (main table) created by data model.

Let say I have a "base fee" and I would like to be able to apply 10% and 20% discounts on it. The discount options are available in a table and I want to update the value of the main table (charts) if any of these options is selected.

Is there a way to address the selections of the secondary table in an expression in the main table? For example by object number?

Thanks in advance

Mahdi

4 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Yep so as long as you only have one basefee selected you could do something like

yourexpression * basefee

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

yep seems to work, please see the attached example

Please remember to mark this as helpful or the correct answer if I have helped you or answered your question.

This will help users identify the answers should they come across this thread in the future.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, I can not open the file you have provided due to the fact that I use the free version of the software.

I wonder if you can elaborate on the formula:

yourexpression * only({1}basefee)

How a selection in a different table which is not part of the data model is realized in this formula?

Thanks,

Mahdi

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

No worries, just create a document with this load script, then create a chart table with the dimension of Department and two expressions, one which is Sum(Value) and one which is Sum(Value) * basefee

then create a list box for basefee, make a selection and see what happens

lookup:

LOAD * Inline [

basefee

];

Transactions:

Load

'1' as TransCounter,

TransLineID,

TransID,

mod(TransID,26)+1 as Num,

Pick(Ceil(5*Rand1),'A','B','C','D','E') as Department,

Pick(Ceil(6*Rand1),'0','1','2','3','4','5') as Status,

Pick(Ceil(2*Rand1),'0','1') as OverdueFlag,

makedate(Ceil(2017-(3*Rand())),Ceil(12*Rand()),Ceil(28*Rand())) as OrderDate,

date(if(100*rand() >5,makedate('2017',Ceil(12*Rand1),Ceil(28*Rand1)),null())) as ShippedDate,

money(round(RAND()*25000,0.01)) AS Value;

Load

Rand() as Rand1,

IterNo() as TransLineID,

RecNo() as TransID

Autogenerate 10000

While Rand()<=0.5 or IterNo()=1;