cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to remove circular reference

Hi All,

Currently I am facing a problem in creating a datamodel.

I have two tables xxx and yyy, I am creating a date table using the date field from yyy.

In xxx table I have two fields which represents date like Datefrom and Dateto. Now I need to link xxx and yyy table using the key company as well need to do interval match between xxx and yyy as if I select date in yyy I need to show the ranging date in xxx using the Datefrom and Dateto fields.

In this situation I am getting a circular reference.

My actual requirement is,

If I select a Date from table "yyy", then I need to show the relevant date range (datefrom & dateto) from "xxx". As well as the fields taken from "xxx" should change according to any selection in the application.

Kindly suggest me a way to achieve this.

Thanks in advance

~Leni

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your solution

But in my case I am not using expression. It is like I will be having a button to swap between different type of date.

Initially I will show the date from "yyy" table and will make selection on that date field and click on the button to change to the objects using date from "xxx" table. So in table yyy if I select 2013-01-27 date and change to the "xxx" table date, it will have a multi-box which will show the date range like "2013-01-15 - 2013-02-28".

To achieve this only I have used IntervalMatch, whether we can use anything else to achieve this??

I have attached a sample on how it will work in layout.

Thanks,

Leni Balakrishnan

advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Leni,

Still your data model is having Synthetic keys. (Please see the image which I had posted to your reply)

You can rename your fields of date which are coming from XXX and YYY table. Avoid the synthetic keys.

Yes, you can use Set Analysis for the same instead of intervalmatch. (Steve has mentioned in the above post).

Thanks

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Varify resource utilization, if ram usage is more,  then try to drop tables that are no longer used in the script.

Niranjan M.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Advait,

Can you help by modifying my sample using set analysis?? As I don't know how to use in my requirement.

Thanks in advance

Thanks,

Leni

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have achieved this requirement by using the expression suggested by steve.

Thanks steve.

I have attached the modified file.

Thanks all for the help.

~Leni