Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to remove field values from results?

Hi.

I'm fairly new to qlikview and programming in general and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to remove a field value from a result.

By this I mean I have a field A and the values within the field are 1,2,3,4,5. Is there any flexible formulas whereby I could just remove value 3 from the coding and keep it flexible so that if 6,7,8 etc were to come through in a later upload they would still carry through. The best method I have at the moment is just to lock the field but this is not particularly flexible.

As an aside would anybody have any suggestions as to where to go to learn the basics concepts of the type of programming I might need for qlikview (preferably without costing).

Thanks.

4 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

You can use conditional reload

as

Load

A,

B,

from where B<>3;

You can do this in UI as using expression in list box or calculated dimension in objects

=if(Field=3,null(),Field)

Supress nulls

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much. I just basically did the last line but with A which seemed to work for what I wanted. Can you tell me what <> means in terms of coding?

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

<> is just not equal to (!= in other scripting languages).

Not applicable
Author

It returns anything lesser than '<' or greater than '>' your value... so in essence everything which is not equal to it.