Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to select data displayed in xy plot without affecting calculations

I have an xy scatter plot with several hundred points. The x and y positions of the points are determined by aggregation over the entire set of values in the QV document. I want to show subsets of the points without affecting the aggregation. How can I do this?

I have tried using set analysis to indicate that selections in certain dimensions should be ignored in the aggregation. This works fine for making sure the aggregation is across all data, the selections in those dimensions are also ignored in displaying the data. What I need is a way to ignore the selections made in the dimensions in the aggregation, but not to ignore those selections in which data are being displayed.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marc

The set analysis syntax for ignoring specific selections is just to leave the set part blank, EG

sum({<Country=>} Sales) would sum the sales, but ignore any selection in the dimension "Country" while working with other selections.

I think this is what you are after.... depends on the expressions that you are using - could you post me an idea of the x and y expressions? There may be other work arounds.

Erica

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Hope using the below attached file you will get idea about how to ignore the selection made on the dimensions

Regards

Ashok

Not applicable
Author

Erica, Ashok,

Thanks for your suggestions. The set analysis works fine to makethe calculation ignore selections in the dimension. This is what I have done. However, when taking this approach , the selections are also being ignored in the data points that are being displayed in the xy plot.

To explain a bit more: for several products, I have the volume sold per country. I want the x-value in the xy plot to be the total volume of the product sold in all countries. For the calculation of the x-vlaue the selction in the dimension counntry needs to be ignored.The expression that Erica suggests does this. However, sometimes, I want to display only 2 or 3 countries in my xy plot (but the expression for the x-value still needs to be calculated across allcountries)! If I use the set expression, I cannot display a subset of the countries, because due to the set analysis in the expression, the display also ignores seectiosn in the dimension country.

Any further suggestions?

Best regards,  Marc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I really not understand your point. If you can please give some example

Regards