Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to seperate my categories on qlikview

I am new to qlikview.  so what I want is to do is to seperate the headings under `stuff in qlikview.

Example:

dept                        MAINS                      STUFF                 VALUE     CALENDER MONTH

STORE ROOM          PICKER MOSES     NO OF LINES        100          JAN 2014

STORE ROOM          PICKER MOSES     NO OF ORDERS     50          JAN 2014

STORE ROOM          PICKER JOHN         NO OF LINES         20          JAN 2014

STORE ROOM          PICKER JOHN         NO OF ORDERS     10          JAN 2014

I do not know if I need to separate the data in my excel file already or can I do it in  qlickview with the data uploaded in this format? essentially I will have 20 different pickers, each that will have an amount of lines and orders.  I want to separate the no of lines and no of orders in seperate tables. Id also like to create a table where we can view each of the pickers data separately, eg what was Moses`s orders and lines for the past 5 months?

I would truly appreciate your help

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You don't have to create different tables. QlikView can handle it very well in the front end after you do a reload with it's existing format. Go through some basic free online traning ; you would be able to get it yourself.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

No need to do any thing from the excel

After loading your data, You can create differant charts and tables from qlikview front end itself for your analysis.

The only thing you required is some basic idea about how charting to be done using qlikview.

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

No need to change this in Excel

Qlikview can do this for you