Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subrato123
Partner - Contributor III

How to share your qvw output with customers?

I am new to qlikview,I have created some qvw's and wish those to be shared to the customers. What should be the correct approach to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Yes, in this way. The access-control to the qvw's could be done per active directory settings on the files/folders by using NT as authentication respectively within the qmc by the document-settings by the DMS authentication. To both methods could section access be used to control the access to the application and further to control the access to the data inside of the qvw.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Per access point from the QlikView Server.

- Marcus

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Initially you need to buy QVs (QlikView server) to give access to the USERS

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
subrato123
Author

Do you mean to go to access point view the qvw and copy the URL and share it across?

marcus_sommer

Not really, just providing the users the link to the access point will do it. If they could successfully authenticate against the server and have a valid licence they could access the application(s).

- Marcus

subrato123
Author

Ok.So providing  the accesspoint URL and restricting the customers to only view the qvw which are meant for them.

marcus_sommer

Yes, in this way. The access-control to the qvw's could be done per active directory settings on the files/folders by using NT as authentication respectively within the qmc by the document-settings by the DMS authentication. To both methods could section access be used to control the access to the application and further to control the access to the data inside of the qvw.

- Marcus