Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to show only the Total in a Bar Chart?

Hello everyone,

I'm new in QlikView and would like to display only the total value of the sum of the values of the same bar in a stacked bar chart.

When I select "Show Total", the graph shows the total value above all other values as shown in the image below:

Bar Chart.jpg

I just want to ignore the other values and show just the total.

Regards,

Rodrigo

10 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Create one expression( Mostly the same as the one which you have). Remove the Bar option ans select the "Values on Data Point" Option.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

As previously stated, another expression is needed to represent the total.  If the total expression you have now is the true total, you can use that one but do not set as bar - if you do, you are then adding a total bar on top of all of the stacked bars that make up the total.  Select Show values on datapoint for the total expression (with no bar)

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This should work as is. if you remove the "Plot Values Inside Segments" option on the Presentation tab.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys for your tips... Now i have only the total number at the top of all the stacked bars, as shown in the image below:

Capturar.JPG

But i still see the others bars right below the total (orange).

I need to remove all, not only the values, and display only the orange, which is the total.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Rodrigo

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I you currently have 4 expressions, just remove the dimension.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you do not, remove dimension PharmaBrasil

Not applicable
Author

Actually i used the same expression to the 4 bars... but i have 3 dimensions in the chart, that i cannot remove...

Not applicable
Author

it sounds like you want a bar chart that just shows total (a bar by assignment type) and no type of visual breakout by PharmaBrasil?

I would recommend you remove the orange bar but leave the total and show the other below - this will give you a visual view of the makeup of the total, with the total number, but doing what you want is possible - it would involve the total expression by assignment type

can you provide the qvw?

pratap6699
Creator
Creator

1 dimension with 4 expressions in style we select stack with values on data points...it shows like as shown in the image...now we right click on the chart presentation tab uncheck the plotedinside the segments..it shows total values in outside the each bar