Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Highlighted
arunqlik2view
New Contributor III

How to show only the completed financial Quarters in Dimension for Qlikview?

Hello All, 

Hope you all had a great year so far and Wish you all Advanced  Happy Prosperous New Year. 

Coming to my Question . 

I just want to see only the completed Financial Quarters in the bar chart,   even one day is left to complete the 3 month Financial Quarter, I don't want qlikview to show in the histogram Chart. I have searched a lot and but no luck. This is my second post with the same Question in the Qlikview blog . Here is the link for my first post on this question - https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-QlikView/How-to-show-only-the-completed-financial-Quarters/m-p/...

any help on this will be appreciated. 

Thanks & Regards,

Arun  

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
avkeep01
Valued Contributor

Re: How to show only the completed financial Quarters in Dimension for Qlikview?

In the expression I use <= instead of <. Maybe the first day of the quarter is still include. 

=SUM({$<Date={"<$(=DATE(QUARTERSTART(TODAY())))"}>} Revenue)
avkeep01
Valued Contributor

Re: How to show only the completed financial Quarters in Dimension for Qlikview?

You can sort the dimension based on date

CommunityExample_sortondate.png

9 Replies
avkeep01
Valued Contributor

Hi @arunqlik2view

I replied to the post you mentioned. Hopefully it works for you. 

arunqlik2view
New Contributor III

Hi , 

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried your syntax =SUM({$<Date{"<=$(QUARTERSTART(TODAY()))"}>} Revenue)  , in the expression . I kept the date value in the dimension, Also tried FY Quarters in the dimension  , either ways it did not work work for me . I got " No data to display" . 

Please let me know what am I doing wrong here . 

Thanks & Regards,

Arun 

arunqlik2view
New Contributor III

Hi , 

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried your syntax =SUM({$<Date{"<=$(QUARTERSTART(TODAY()))"}>} Revenue)  , in the expression . I kept the date value in the dimension, Also tried FY Quarters in the dimension  , either ways it did not work work for me . I got " No data to display" . 

Please let me know what am I doing wrong here . 

Thanks & Regards,

Arun 

avkeep01
Valued Contributor

Sorry my expression wasn't correct, marked my changes in red. Could you try this one: 

=SUM({$<Date={"<=$(=DATE(QUARTERSTART(TODAY())))"}>} Revenue)
arunqlik2view
New Contributor III

Hi , Now it shows the data in the chart , but still it is not filtering the incomplete Quarter. Screenshot_1.jpg

avkeep01
Valued Contributor

In the expression I use <= instead of <. Maybe the first day of the quarter is still include. 

=SUM({$<Date={"<$(=DATE(QUARTERSTART(TODAY())))"}>} Revenue)
arunqlik2view
New Contributor III

Hi , This syntax worked fine, I want  the charts in the order of Q4- FY 2018  , Q1 FY 2019 . Q2 Fy2019 . 

avkeep01
Valued Contributor

You can sort the dimension based on date

CommunityExample_sortondate.png

arunqlik2view
New Contributor III

Thank for the providing the solution. That fixes my issue. 

Have a Nice day!!!

Community Browser