Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEJ
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to store file in an Excel format instead of QVD

Hi,

I normally store all my output files as QVD for different purposes, but I was planning to store some information in Excel files (output to our Sales force who don't have access to Qlikview). However, the below store command gives me a file that is stored in the right location, but it seems to be corrupt when I open it. I have tried with the ending .xlxs, .csv, but to no avail. Any idea?

Store Salesman_Excel into [X:\Salesman_File\Salesman_A.xls];

Not sure if I should add the following behind.

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andrei_delta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hi again,

STORE Salesman_Excel into [X:\Salesman_File\Salesman_A.csv] (txt);

View solution in original post

6 Replies
andrei_delta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hi again,

STORE Salesman_Excel into [X:\Salesman_File\Salesman_A.csv] (txt);

MEJ
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

You saved my day!

Thanks

andrei_delta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

With pleasure!

You should look at your other post as well (the one with multiple selections in field).  

Have a great day!

MEJ
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I looked at them briefly with multiple selection. I will get to them, this week.

MEJ
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

One of the problems with comma separated files, is that some fields might contain a comma. This will mess up the whole line, as none of the columns will match up. It's not a huge problem, but in case it would be material values, then it would be.

Is there a way to use another separator that is not as common as a comma? Semi colon would be less frequently used for example, or other signs.

QlickySense
Creator
Creator

Hi,

I don't know if you managed to resolve your problem as it is 2021 but maybe someone else will witness similar problem (for instance I got into this thread today)

To solve it (so create separator other than coma) please use

STORE Salesman_Excel into [X:\Salesman_File\Salesman_A.csv] (txt, delimiter is ';');

for tab

(txt, delimiter is '\t');