Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haneeshmarella
Creator II
Creator II

How to sum up result of a column and remove the users?

SS.PNG

How do I sum up OFFLINE Ops at Rate result of each column and remove USER_NAME such that I get the number 3 (1+1+1) under OFFLINE Ops at Rate for Supervisor?

OFFLINE Ops at Rate is

IF(Count(DISTINCT IF(OFF_ON_LINE='OFF-LINE',CASE#))>=[OFF-LINE

Hours]*70,count(distinct IF(OFF_ON_LINE='OFF-LINE',USER_NAME)),0) for each USER_NAME name.

I used the below, but it gives a result of 0.

sum(aggr(IF(Count(DISTINCT IF(OFF_ON_LINE='OFF-LINE',CASE#))>=[OFF-LINE

Hours]*70,count(distinct IF(OFF_ON_LINE='OFF-LINE',USER_NAME)),0), USER_NAME,SUPERVISOR,DATE))

21 Replies
sunny_talwar

Don't know...

sunny_talwar

Actually won't know unless you can share a sample

haneeshmarella
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Please find the attached. Let me know if you have any questions.

sunny_talwar

One thing to do is to create WeekStart(DATE) in the script... because DATE and WeekStart(DATE)... may or may not be equal... you are using DATE in Aggr() and WeekStart(DATE) in the expression... Just create it in the script and use that in the Aggr() as well

sunny_talwar

Beside, if I remove USER_NAME dimension.. I see 3 for the first row... isn't that what you wanted?

Capture.PNG

haneeshmarella
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If you look at the original question, the total OFFLINE operators were 4. The resultant OFFLINE Ops at Rate should be 3 (in the same screenshot). With formulas I used (only aggr) I got them for OFFLINE Ops at Rate ---

aggr(IF(Count(DISTINCT IF(OFF_ON_LINE='OFF-LINE',CASE#))>=sum(aggr(IF(OFF_ON_LINE='OFF-LINE',HOURS),OFF_ON_LINE,DATE,USER_NAME))*70,count(distinct IF(OFF_ON_LINE='OFF-LINE',USER_NAME)),0), USER_NAME,SUPERVISOR,DATE)).

When I remove USER_NAME for above, I get 0.

But when I replace it with your formula, or use sum on the above aggr, I get a different result as below and its wrong as Nemat must be 0 (sorry changed the column names as I lost the previous one) but it gives 1 and changes entire result.

SS.PNG

SS1.PNG

sunny_talwar

Like I said, it seems to be related to the WeekStart dimension...

I created WeekStart in the script... and see what I got

Capture.PNG

Dimension

WeekStart

SUPERVISOR

Expression

Sum(Aggr(If(Count(DISTINCT {<OFF_ON_LINE = {'OFF-LINE'}>} CASE#) >= Sum(Aggr(If(OFF_ON_LINE = 'OFF-LINE', HOURS), OFF_ON_LINE, DATE, USER_NAME))*70, Count(DISTINCT{<OFF_ON_LINE = {'OFF-LINE'}>} USER_NAME), 0), USER_NAME, SUPERVISOR, WeekStart))

haneeshmarella
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Took about 45 mins to correct and add WEEKSTART, but works great. Thank you Sunny.

sunny_talwar

Took about 45 mins to correct and add WEEKSTART

How come? I did make the update in the attached qvw file... did you not see it or was there another issue?

haneeshmarella
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I just gave you a sample file by taking the sheet out of my main QVW.

I then ran the original script on a day i.e about 20 days ago by adding WEEKSTART to it for creating the QVD. And then did an incremental load for the last 20 days into the QVD.

Is there a way to make the tables/charts calculate faster, as it takes a while to run the formulas under the expressions?