Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to switch b/w X and y axis.

Hi, I have a chart where i would like to give an option to switch betwenn X and Y axis. I am not clear how to proceed......

Regards

Sagar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You could probably do this with a macro but the easiest way would be to create a duplicate chart with the switched axes, lay them on top of each other (or in a container) and set a conditional show based on a variable value. Then use a button to toggle the value of the variable.

Hope this helps,

Jason.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What do you mean by "switch between"?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

By switch between i meant, if i click a button on the report my X axis of the graph should change to Y axis and vice-versa.

Regards

Sagar

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You could probably do this with a macro but the easiest way would be to create a duplicate chart with the switched axes, lay them on top of each other (or in a container) and set a conditional show based on a variable value. Then use a button to toggle the value of the variable.

Hope this helps,

Jason.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thanks for reply

Actually i was looking for some other option.

Regards

Sagar

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

OK - here's another way.  See attached.  I have created 2 variables that determine what the X and Y axes should be.  These variables are used in the calculated dimension and expression and a button toggles the values.

Hope this helps,

Jason