Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III

How to use cyclic group in Action propertis of any object..

Hi Experts

I have created one cyclic group in my chart.

I want to use same cyclic group in my text object's action properties. Upon clicking on text button cyclic group should activate and change values accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ashish,

I don't think you can control the Cyclic Group using Actions - at least, not without some tricky Macros that would also possibly impact the overall performance of your application.

You could reach a similar functionality if you replace your Cyclic group with a Calculated Dimension that's based on a variable and control the variable by the Actions that are linked to the Text Object's properties.

For example:

Calculated Dimension:    $(vDim)

Action:

Set Variable vDim,

Value: = (IF vDim='Customer', 'Product', IF(vDim = 'Product', 'Location', 'Customer'))

In this simple example, the Ddmension will cycle between Customer, Product, and Location.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Learn advanced Qlik techniques in my book QlikView Your Business.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ashish,

I don't think you can control the Cyclic Group using Actions - at least, not without some tricky Macros that would also possibly impact the overall performance of your application.

You could reach a similar functionality if you replace your Cyclic group with a Calculated Dimension that's based on a variable and control the variable by the Actions that are linked to the Text Object's properties.

For example:

Calculated Dimension:    $(vDim)

Action:

Set Variable vDim,

Value: = (IF vDim='Customer', 'Product', IF(vDim = 'Product', 'Location', 'Customer'))

In this simple example, the Ddmension will cycle between Customer, Product, and Location.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Learn advanced Qlik techniques in my book QlikView Your Business.

ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Oleg for quick updates,

can you send me example qvw is possible.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ashish,

unfortunately, I barely have time to answer questions like yours, let alone create sample applications... I think I spelled out the solution quite clearly in my message. Why don't you create an example and post here for everyone else's benefit.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

From troyansky Reply,

I have prepared an example,Here it looks like,

Cyclic Group Text Box Action - Variable Dimension-237164.PNG

By using a variable in, Text object ->action->External -> Set Variable.

vDim = = IF(vDim='Customer', 'Product',   IF(vDim = 'Product', 'Quantity', 'Customer'))

Then By placing same Variable in chart, as a calculated dimension.It will get affected accordingly by clicking on text object

HTH,

PFA,

HirisH

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”