Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use section access with windows authentication to hide certain sheets?

Hi.

I have an dashboard on my Qlikview Server (Small Business Edition).

There are about 10 users which are authenticated via Windows.

They are part of a windows group called QV_ABNAMRO.

Now, certain user's can't see certain Sheets. How can I accomplish this?

I've read about Section Access. But do I need to specify all the users to give them explicit access? (thus, when a new user is added in windows, I explicitly need to add them into the section access file?) Or is it possible to ONLY define the user which needs an restriction?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yduval75
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

You can create a field in section access and use it as condition to display some tabs.

This can help you

Sheets Security with Section Access File

View solution in original post

3 Replies
yduval75
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

You can create a field in section access and use it as condition to display some tabs.

This can help you

Sheets Security with Section Access File

sspe
Creator II
Creator II

You can't directly use Section Access for showing/hiding sheets since Section Access is only about restricting data. Instead you can do something like Yoann is suggesting where you use load some data that controls who can see which sheets. Just be aware that just hiding the sheets doesn't prevent users from having access to the data. A user can still create an object and show the data that are on the hidden sheet.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

All you need to do is to load an inline table that includes the roles. This table does not need to fit into the whole model; it may be an island.

Example (pseudocode):

ROLE:

load * INLINE:

[ROLE

ADMIN

SALES

PRODUCTION];

then

apply section access, something like:

ACCESS, NTNAME, ROLE

ADMIN, DOMAIN\ADMIN, ADMIN

USER, DOMAIN\USER1, SALES

USER, DOMAIN\USER2, PRODUCTION

Go to sheet properties-->Conditional Display. Write something like ROLE='SALES', if you want the SALES team to see that sheet from now on.

BR

Serhan