Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shan_cse2003
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to use version control in QlikView

Hi Evereyone,

I am new in version control and I don't have any knowledge how to use the it. Only I have a document on version control, but it's more important that how to operate or use this. What are the tools can be used for that. Please guide me for more details.

6 Replies
stiffi88
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Raj,

i attached you to links for version controll.

There are also commercial application like version manager.

Updated Guide to QlikView and Source Control (TFS & Subversion)

Qlikview12 Source Control with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual Studio 2012 (VS2012)

Is that what you are looking for?

KR

ramasaisaksoft

Version control for developers/source code the below links will help to you.

Normally this job/environment will provide by Admin in most of the organisations,some third party tools are also available in Market.

Qlikview12 Source Control with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual Studio 2012 (VS2012)

Updated Guide to QlikView and Source Control (TFS & Subversion)

QlikView Revision control / version control / source control software

An Illustrated Guide to Git on Windows

Hope this will help to you.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

You can use 'PRJ' functionality within Qlikview or use some third party software.

check the below link to know more.

QlikView Revision control / version control / source control software

shan_cse2003
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Rama,

This was very helpful,also it's gives me much ideas on the version control. Please also suggest which version control tool I should use.

Waiting for your reply.

ramasaisaksoft

Actually we were not following any version control now,previously we tried to follow so i did google and that only i helped to you.So i am not confident to suggest which one is good.

so sorry .

PlatformManager-Expert

Another commercial product is PlatformManager by In4BI. This flagschip product does not only provide version control. PlatformManager simplifies your development and deployment process, saves time with in testing your apps, provides insight in relations, visualizes all QVD relations, manages your Extensions, Mashups and Widgets, Reload tasks, provides a workflow for approval and much more.

With over 150 Customer it's the most used Governance solution available today. With presence in over 19 countries you can probably find a partner nearby. You can download a demo video through PlatformManager.com.

Hope this helps you!